Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Classes' Random Acts of Kindness - Week 1, 9/29 - 10/5/09

Wilnie - helped Debora remember what the homework was for social studies,
Tueyen-helped my mom clean up my room
Arvonne - helped my friend pick his paper up off the floor
Debora - helped my mom bring the groceries inside
Aliyah-first thing in the morning when I arrive at school, I remember to say hello and smile at the teachers I see, helped a friend do her math homework b/c he forgot and she helped me in return
Nicholas - helped my mom cook hotdogs
Mirkoevens - helped my family do their homework
Jordan-helped my mom do laundry
Luis-helped my sister with her homework
Adrian-helped my 1year old drink her juice
Patrick - helped a woman carry her bags up the subway stairs

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I read this blog this morning after riding on the T and experiencing both sides of "RAOK": Two people speaking German looked confused about which train to take and I asked them if they needed help finding the the right one; As I was leaving the train, another passenger tapped me on the shoulder to let me know I'd forgotten my umbrella on the train. It really is RAOK that can alter one's outlook for the day and also an out-of-town visitor's experience of a city. Thanks for creating this really thoughtful project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely inspired too. After feeding my meter last week, I fed two other expired meters for cars near mine. It felt good to do something kind and random that no one saw and that no one would even know about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete