Sunday, October 11, 2009

Awareness - Training Your Eyes and Mind - If My 3.5 year old son can do and see good deeds...we all can!

We are trying to teach the kids that you need to not only do good deeds/acts of kindness yourself, but to be aware of the good around you...there's lots of it once you open your eyes wide to see it...

If a 3.5yr old can, we all can........With all the chatter at my house around the concept of "good deeds", my 3.5yr old son has begun to grasp the concept. At least once or twice a day (because kids are like sponges in terms of what they hear), he will say, "that's a good deed" he does something or says something such as sharing his toys with his sister or telling someone he loves them...of course these are very small things but what is as amazing to me is his ability to spot others' deeds such as when a car lets us cross the road and he says "that's a good deed." Importance for me is that if a 3.5yr old can grasp the concept of doing something good for someone else as well as seeing the good done/in others...I know we all can...

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) MishapI was having breakfast with my 3.5 son and 1.5 daughter this morning at one of our favorite spots, IHOP, and my daughter was not very happy this morning. While I was focused on her my son leaned over and fell out of his chair and landed on the fall...I heard a collective gasp around him from all the tables..he got up, a little shaken and nervous but okay but immediately a man and father of a 2 at a nearby table rushed over to see if he was okay and pick up my son's juice which had fallen

No comments:

Post a Comment