Monday, October 26, 2009

ACTS OF KINDNESS YOU HAVE DONE OR SEEN - POST HERE

getting off the train this morning...a very small woman was trying to lift an carry her very heavy luggage...I began to move towards her to help her out (had at least a few hundred feet to walk)...and before I could get there a young man came up beside her and told her he would carry it for her down the platform (I am convinced and have been for a long time there is a lot more good in the world than bad...many more people like you and I that want to good and help others...but too often we hear about in the news, talk about and focus on the negatives).

3 comments:

  1. This may be he wrong place to to post but-

    Hello. You might have seen me or not recgonize me. I was the big asian boy in the Class A US Army uniform.
    As I walked to south station, a man and a poor disfigured girl went to me, to give me a goodies bag (or gift basket) as an act of kindness. At first, I thought it was one of those "Girl scout cookies" sellers. But, it was something different. I had no choice to take it anyway. I wish I could have done more. I really could have. Unfortunately, I am an unemployed 15 year old boy, and the man accompanying the girl denied my donation of a dollar or two. Since I cannot give material items, I had to give 2 things- hope and love. I shook the man's hand and gave the girl a hug. I HOPE she will carry on with a good life and lots of LOVE for her. I then had to move on with my business.

    Want to talk to me more?
    email me at irateaznguy@aol.com

    yours,

    SFC Do
    (Sargeant first class)
    I would not prefer to give my real name here

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, one kind thing I am WORKING ON right now is preparing taxes for free for the Boston Community. Instead of going to H and R block, come visit us! We are now training but don't know the working location yet.
    Call Dorchester house (dotwell programs) and ask for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I got one of your bags of goodies at South Station. I saw the card inside that said I should do a kindness for someone else and tell you about it. I'm writing to tell you that I'm going to make an extra contribution to a food bank to pass on your kindness. Thanks for your "gift." It made me smile.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete