Thursday, December 3, 2009

The First Recipient Of An Appreciation Award - My Mom

As part of our upcoming WOW (each apprenticeship culminates with a WOW which highlights lessons of the class), we will be holding an appreciation ceremony. The inspiration for this event was actually Ed Brenegar, a writer for the Gannet News in NC and a highly sought after leadership/business consultant, and one of the "celebrities" who wrote in suggestions with the help of RandomKid for acts of kindness for the kids to carry out as. During the ceremony, each of the students will recognize and honor someone special in their life. Someone who has been particularly supportive to them. Many of the kids will recognize a parent(s) for their love and devotion. As an example to the kids, last class I read my appreciation statement for the person I wanted to recognize, my mom. And today I saw my mom and "officially" awarded my mother with her prize and the class's first appreciation award, includes my statement about her (see below) and a big yellow "Outstanding Ribbon."

Click on a video below to watch it:

Video 43
Video Length 0:33
Click here to watch

Flip Video

No comments:

Post a Comment