Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random Ideas To Help Others

1) Better Nutrition / More Fruit - in talking to some young men and women who grew up in Roxbury, Dorchester, etc...as well as parents in these cities from my own recent observations, it seems to me there are significant challenges that kids in these environments face with regards to having access to (challenges of money, time, availability) to more healthy and nutritional food choices. And that these challenges can affect not only their physical growth but also pose mental challenges such as reduced attention spans, learning skills, etc. I will be thinking of some ways that myself and others can play a role in helping to improve this situation.....isn't there a way to get more fruit to these kids ("free deliveries from a fruit truck", fruit on the bus on the way home, etc."). I have been amazed at how excited the kids in my class get when I bring in fruit salad for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment